Friday, January 2, 2015

Day One: Or, Why I Hate Taking Full-Body Pictures

It's eating away at me, this knowing I'm going to have to post a picture at least once a month. And not just a picture of my face, either. At least with a face shot I can angle the picture in such a way as to hide most of my chins. But holy Space Buddha, I've never been able to take a full-body shot without cringing, and that's when I'm fully covered.
Me. In a sports bra and shorts. I apologize for any psychological damage this image has caused.
And to those of you blinded by my pasty whiteness, my bad. My bad.
 
I had hoped to post this New Year's Eve when I was too drunk to care. Too bad I ate so much fat and grease and crap that it absorbed any alcohol I drank. If you knew just how much of a light weight I usually am when it comes to liquor-yeah, yeah, "light weight", funny-you'd understand just how amazing it is that I was not only still standing but could comprehend the consequences of my actions. Not a good thing when you're about to post half nude photos of yourself online. Or as close to nude as I EVER intend to get.
 
At any rate, there I am. In all my glory. I weighed myself New Year's day. It was almost as depressing as the pictures. I come in at 147.8 lbs. Compare that to my heaviest weight two years ago at 190 lbs. and it doesn't seem so bad until you realize that I got down to 130. Another ten more pounds and I'll be halfway back to my starting weight. And it never takes long to gain that weight back. Aaaand...I never just gain it all back. I gain it all back and then some. And then I have to start all over again. I'm nipping this shit in the bud right here and now.
 
I spent New Year's day eating like a good little dieter. I prepared the day before, buying enough healthy items to get me through the next couple weeks. I hope. I'm using Noom for Android to keep track of diet and exercise. It not only helps you keep track of calories, it helps keep track of what percentage of healthy (green) foods you take in. It really helped me out a lot two years ago. Things didn't really get off track for me until after I stopped keeping track of what I was putting in my mouth...that came out dirtier than I intended, but you get the drift.
 
Here's a record of what I ate yesterday. No hipster food images, I swear:
 
Breakfast
 
  1. Skim milk (1/4 cup)
  2. Cheerios (1 cup)
  3. Dannon Light and Fit Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt (1 cup)
  4. Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread (1 slice)
  5. Borden Cheese Fat Free Sharp Singles (1 slice)
Total Calories: 320
 
Morning Snack
 
  1. Tangerine
  2. Chiquita Juicy Green Apple Bites (7 slices)
  3. 1/2 cucumber
  4. Fresh Express Hearts of Romaine (2 cups)
Total Calories: 112
 
Lunch
 
  1. Yoplait Light Nonfat Yogurt, Very Vanilla
  2. Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread (2 slices)
  3. Borden Cheese Fat Free Sharp Singles (1 slice)
  4. Hillshire Farm Deli Select Turkey Breast Oven Roasted (1 serving)
  5. French's Classic Yellow Mustard
Total Calories: 300
 
Afternoon Snack
 
  1. Cucumber (half)
  2. Fresh Express Hearts of Romaine (2 cups)
  3. Chiquita Juicy Green Apple Bites (7 slices)
Total Calories: 86
 
Dinner
 
  1. Boca Soy Protein Burgers All American Flame Grilled 10 Oz. (1 patty)
  2. Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread (2 slices)
  3. Green Beans (1 serving)
  4. Borden Cheese Fat Free Sharp Singles (1 slice)
Total Calories: 310
 
Daily Total Calories: 1128
 
I didn't exercise that first day because it was a Thursday (I'm either at a Writer's Circle meeting after work or playing D&D). Today I did some aerobics (Leslie Sansone's Power Walk) and later after work, I'll be doing some strength training exercises. My next post will include my exercise regiment as well measurements. And I'll try to restrain myself from laughing too hard at Leslie's Fran Dresher laugh.
 
Update: You have no idea how hard it is taking waist measurements when you have two rolls of fat in between. No fucking clue. Here you go:
 
STARTING WEIGHT: 147.8 lbs.
 
Starting Measurements:
 
Bust - 41
Waist - 35
Hips - 43

No comments:

Post a Comment